MY VOTING RECORD:
- In favour of removing Cloverley site as a special study area in the City’s OCP, to ensure it was kept as a potential future school site (now a new school on that site is the School District’s #1 capital plan priority).
- Against initial budget proposal which included reductions in Counselling and Learning Support for elementary schools (June 2018). The budget was defeated and staff returned the following week with a new budget proposal without reductions.
- In favour of live-streaming Board of Education meetings.
- In favour of expanding public comment period at Board meetings to include items not on the evening’s agenda, and doubling the time allotted to such comments.
- In favour of budget option “B” (more Specialist Teacher time) (June 2017).
I have also flagged concerns regarding improper conduct of trustees that was inhibiting the functionality of the Board of Education and the School District:
And I have repeatedly flagged my concerns regarding the time and expense we have spent in this term addressing trustee behaviour:
- 4 years on the City’s Advisory Planning Commission
- 3 years on the Board’s Policy Review Committee
- 3 years on the Board’s Inclusion Committee
- 4 years on the Board’s Screening and Selection of Principals Committee
- 1 year on the Board’s Communications Committee